Cape To Cairo - African Safaris
1. Charter flights have strict weight limits, and failure to observe weight limits will require a larger plane at additional, if not inability to travle. Weight restrictions are total of clients weight, luggage, and hand luggage.
As of July 01, 2002 Gorilla trekking permit fees will be $275 per permit
per person. At time of booking a deposit of $85 per permit is required, then the
balance of $190 per permit will be due 90 days prior to trekking dates.
3. Uganda Visa is required by most nationalities.
Embassy of the Republic of Uganda
5911 16th Street, N.W.
Washington D.C., 20011
Tel. 202 726 7100
entry visa for Uganda is $50 lasting 3 months
Multiple entry for Uganda is $90 lasting 6 months
Rwanda visa is not required for U.S. passport holders.
4. Yellow Fever Inoculation Certificate is required.
5. Departure tax is $40 (In most cases included in airline ticket)
6. Currency during travel:
Bargaining....always try, some galleries shops have "fixed prices"
but never hurts to try. At markets, always try. All part of the fun !
When trekking gorillas or chimps, always avoid bright colours and
bright white, muted colours are best, greens, browns, blues etc.
10. Smoking...never in our vehicles, never in a room if sharing with a
non smoker. Not allowed in National Parks on game drives, walks, trekking
gorillas, chimps etc. Smokers must be respectful of others at all times.
11. Recommended clothing list...
The availability and scheduling of gorilla treks is depends upon the availability of a strictly limited number of gorilla permits and the purchase and resale of permits is strictly limited by the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Booking for all gorilla permits in Bwindi and Mgahinga is done at UWA Headquarters in Kampala. Fees increase to $550 for two treks on 1 July from the current $500· Advance booking can be done only by members of the Association of Uganda Tour Operations.
Permits must be sold at face value, whoever sells at higher value will be penalized. Primary sale of permits by individuals or tour companies anywhere is illegal. All permits MUST be sold by Uganda Wildlife Authority only.
The tracking time is limited from 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. All visitors are expected back at the campground by 7:00 p.m.